Tuesday, May 31, 2005

OFFSITE 2005



A very sad story indeed.. I had discovered this website from BRE: http://www.offsite2005.com/

However, to go to their conference, it will cost me a whooping £265 inc VAT, per person PER DAY!! I am dying to go but my university couldn't afford sending me there due to such an expensive entry! another sad news is that I can't even go there by myself as it is very difficult to get to BRE in WATFORD without a car (mind you, am still trying to get my international licence here, actually, and it's still pending due to my 'timidity' in afraid of failing the driving test!)

The conference topic itself will actually be very useful for me as it is directly collaborated with my research topic in sustainable prefabricated housing!

So, if you, reader, happened to have a link (or knew) with BRE or any of the person below: Professor Walter Leal (TuTech, Hamburg), Per-Arne Nilsson (City of Malmo), Ruukki, Tony Woods (BRE), Rod MacEachrane (NHBC), Clive Clowes (The Housing Corporation, Alan Yates (BRE), Vic Handley (Van Elle), Dan Brown (Advance Housing)

Please, can I (-a hardworking but very desperate research student with limited budget) obtain their presentation?? It will even be better if I can get to interview those people listed above!! It will be greatly greatly appreciated! The payment is a pint of beer!!

No comments: