Friday, June 03, 2005

the story of my new monitor

I might have been punished for my laziness and lack of exercise this past few days...


Apparently, I had ordered a new 19" monitor acer from Amazon few days earlier and having told that it will only arrived a week later, I decided to go to my office as usual yesterday morning around 9am only to receive 'supposedly' good news from amazon that the item has been despatched the day beforehand and has arrived in Brighton branch that morning at about 8am! (5days earlier than anticipated!) I called the courrier and rushed (basically 'running') home praying that I won't miss the delivery guy as I really am excited to get the monitor up and running in a tick (I had used my old 17" monitor to do my AUTOCAD drawing and it strained my eyes completely). Waiting for hours at home is quite a pain, luckily I have brought home the last batch of student courseworks that I need to mark with me that time (even that doesn't really entertain me enough!). Waited and waited from 9.30am to 4pm-ish, I realised that I need to go back to uni for a meeting with my supervisor! luckily, I'd managed to drag Jon to cover for me while I ran back to uni for the meeting. However, a very sad news indeed though as for some reason, right until I had finished my meeting at about 6pm, still no sign of the monitor coming!! So then I went home exhausted after running here and there and 'ready' to face the challenge again the next day.


Now, to cut the story short..this time I decided to call the courrier customer service twice just to make sure that the delivery will be done today and yes, it did! So we waited and waited and waited and it comes at 2pm!!! In fact I might have scared the delivery guy as I managed to open the door just a second after he knocked! (he might be thinking that he is the little red riding hood and we are the wolf waiting in the bush for the victim to arrive!) yay! so we unpack the packaging, plug the monitor straight away and....*deep sigh* there is another problem that for some reason the monitor keeps flickering every 10 seconds! everything has been checked proof, cable, connection, power..etc...still we see no solution...gutted and gobsmacked...we decided to return it and to do this, again, we need to go to school and let amazon know about it, print the return label, go back home again to pack it back to its original packaging, and gone out again to send it back to them!!!!! what a lovely day we have for the past two days!


NB: it took about 15minutes (normal walking) single journey from my flat to school, or make it 10minutes when running...OR 20minutes when the wind blows in different direction! So, maybe I dont need to do my fitness regime for another week then ;)

No comments: