Friday, July 08, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Review


Before I posted anything, for those of you that haven't finish your sixth Harry Potter book, I kindly ask you to look away, now!



DUMBLEDORE is dead!! (I've warned you to look away..though..) I won't expect it in the first place (I thought it might be Snape) but reading it along the way, Rowling had unmistakenly given the 'soft clue' that Dumbledore is whom people will talk about later on.


Now, I won't praise myself of finishing the whole book as fast as other people. Well, in fact, I am a slow reader and like to enjoy my reading slowly. I bet, if you wanting to find out what happen, you might already found out about it from other faster reader, anyway! ;) That's why you'd probably know how annoyed I was when my other half had gone Harry Potter mad "marathon" and finished reading it in one night (or one and a half day?? I can't even be bothered to remember when he finished it). What makes me gone ballistic is the fact that he can't shut his mouth and try to give me clue on what will happen!

Anyway, some people might say that the sixth book is the best so far, unfortunately, I find it less interesting than all the previous one. I find that the tension in the sixth book had been built up very slowly, and in fact, am quite surprise that there is no twist and everything has been put very straight forward. It's a shame that the details of the story has been 'diverted' to other less important feature, which makes it as though the sixth book has been 'purposely' made thick just for the sake of making it 'thick' (to put salt into the injury, the sixth book is, in fact, 161 pages less than the Order of the Phoenix - eventhough I won't really point this out as something negative as total pages can't actually prove how good and enjoyable a story book can be).

Other discussion that is 'at large' at the moment is about whether Snape truly killed Dumbledore or it's pretentious. Opinions gathered mostly said that Dumbledore will be back on the final book (am pretty sure of this) either because he 'pretend to die' or as a "memory".

But, back to the point as whether Snape is actually truly killed Dumbledore, I myself will look at it from the bright side that Snape is still actually Dumbledore's man or at least killed Dumbledore as being asked by agreement beforehand with Dumbledore (remember how Dumbledore made Harry promised to keep forcing the poison down Dumbledore's throat in the cave?). Some people say that Dumbledore's last word "Please" is just a plea to Snape to spare his life, in fact, I thought it's more of a plea to assure Snape to attack him, his 'scared expression' as described in the sixth book, I will say more towards scared expression of Snape backing away rather than killed him. Well, this is just my theory, though. The truthness of this will only be reveal..in one more year, unfortunately! So, I might be wrong, but I'll put my brain temporary at this theory, just to keep me happy for a year ;) There, I said it.

No comments: